Happy 1st Birthday to apopofliz.com ! I can not believe it has been a year since I launched this love child of mine. It has been such a joy getting share all of my travel, beauty and lifestyle obsessions with you. This has been a massive year for my mind, body and soul. A lot of that is thanks to all of you for letting me be vulnerable on this platform. To celebrate I have decided to share some of the monumental moments in the growth of this blog and some of the things I have learned along the way.
- Don’t be afraid to follow your dreams. Yes, this is uber cliche, but it could not be more true. I attempted to launch a blog in college and gave up soon after. This time I dove in head first and haven’t looked back once, okay maybe once. Although I a unable to dedicate as much time to building up this place for you to explore and discover my tips and tricks, every moment I am able to spend focusing on this universe for you all is a moment well spent.
- Shout out to The Helpful Vegan for my first partnership. It was such an honor getting to share your message of how you allow your shoppers to dazzle and shine on all occasions by providing products and services in a league of their own.
- One size does not fit all. This is a constant battle in a world being taken over by bloggers. It is hard to not compare yourself to all of the other people killin it, but all you can do is keep trying. Do not compare your success to somone elses. I don’t have a swipe up button and my growth has been slow, but it is all part of the journey. The most important thing is that I am having fun with it and that is all that really matters in the grand scheme of things.
- Community is key. The bloggersphere has brought me a circle of passionate and encouraging boss babes to support me. I attended my first blogger social in February, where I met so many crazy fab women from across the country. Having a group of ladies to partner with, bounce ideas off of and learn from has completely changed the game of this side gig.
- Do what you love and love what you do. You will be far more successful when you are doing what you are passionate about. There are always going to be pieces of every job that you might not enjoy, but as long as 95% of what you are doing brings you joy, you will succeed.
Ultimately, it is not about the number of followers I have or likes I get on a picture. What I love most, is being able to share all of my obsessions, tips and tricks with you all so that we can all tackle this crazy thing called life together. Thank YOU for making this dream a success!